Saturday, January 17, 2009

我最难忘的一天 (the most unforgetful day)

This topic is quite common when we were in primary school....i still remember how we would start describing abt our most unforgetable experience...some people remembering having a lot of candies, some remembering how they have a lot of new toys, going for a family day trip, going to funfair, winning lotteries etc...i couldnt remember what was my most unforgettable day, but i know what is now.....but mine is not such happy memories like wat we used to have in primary school...mine is now painfully marked on my mind....to me, it was HELL!!!

on Tuesday, 13/1 (even the number itself is unlucky :( ), as usual, i went to work, had my breakfast, did my work diligently and everything started normally...after an enjoyable dim sum lunch with my colleagues, i went to the loo for a quick pee :p...it wasn't quick at all...during the course of my peeing session, i felt sharp pain coming out from my tummy....Actually i felt the pain on sunday, but i had similar pain few years ago, and mummy cured me by giving me hot ginger egg soup..i thought it was MC pain...but i was wrong this time...i thought i could just rest for a while in the toilet to let it go away, but the pain became stronger and stronger, i felt like my uterus was gonna drop out and someone twisting my tummy fiercely.....i knew i couldnt stay in the toilet..but i had no strength to stand...so quickly got dressed, washed my hand and walked bravely and quickly back to my office....a normally short walk suddenly felt like a hundred miles away...i sat down on my chair and asked my colleague to get me an ambulance..at first she thought i was kidding and i said "pls help me call NOW" faintly...i think i was gonna blacked out, mayb that would be better so that i wouldnt feel the pain....soon, the whole office came into my room to help me....i just needed to be left alone, there were people asking me to drink warm water, there were ppl who tried to talk to me to prevent me from fainting but i had no strength to do any of those....GOSH, where is the ambulance? what's taking them so long? 5 mins felt like centuries to me....finally after 10 to 15 mins, they arrived, took me away and put me on the ambulance....i felt better lying down but i was still in great pain...i started to vomit..even right it was just right after my lunch, i didnt vomit the food i ate, i vomit out the gastric water (not sure wat it's called...haha)....i waited and waited and waited while in the hospital..finally, a nurse took me in...she asked me a lot of questions that i couldnt remember now....and finally after x mins, the nurse asked me to pee for urine test....she looked at me for a while and said, you could do it here (an open space with only curtain) or you could go to the toilet....hmmm, i opt for toilet..but i regretted...i had to walk, turn left, then turn right...the walk to and fro almost killed me...i felt like i was gonna faint somewhere..but again, i told myself to hang in there...by the time i ran back to my bed, i was in sharp pain again, i kept vomitting...now including my lunch as well....they took my blood sample, they gave me TWO shots of anaesthetic in my butt, waited for my x ray, heard all sorts of moaning from patients...i was being "put" aside for 4 hours to wait for result...x hours went by, i was left with pain eventhough with the shots, i asked for more...somehow, no pain killers or shots helped....but i didnt moan...i just felt like i was gonna die in pain :(....after what i felt like hundred years, finally a doc came and said, we looked at your x ray and your blood test, everything seems to be normal and there is nothing showing on your x ray, you could go now....my first reaction was...WHAT? i'm still in great pain...i couldnt even walk and yet you tell me i'm ok????? the doc went hhmmmm.....i will transfer you to the gynecotokology.....so they did....

i was hospitalised for two days...to be exact, it was 3 days two nights....during the course of this suffering, i was deeply regret inside...asking myself why i didnt take good care of myself, why did i not think of going to toilet more often, why did i like fried food so much...it's just not worth to go thru all this pain...it may not be painful to you right now...but let me tell you friends, it was really really a torture...there were no words to describe the pain i went thru....both emotionally and physically....on the 1st day, i couldn't even walk, when i tried to put on my hospital gown, i took so much effort and in great pain...i didnt have appetite, i felt dizzy, tired....just lifeless....i had to go thru a lot of unpleasant tests...3 blood test in a day....my arms were both sore from the needles...on the second day, though i could walk, i couldnt eat and felt dizzy and even when i cough lightly, i felt sharp pain......

i feel and look much better now...people who don't know what i'd gone thru won't know i was that sick before....but people who know, they all hug me and welcome me back....they said i was brave and asked me to take care...so you betta too... :)

2 comments:

Tracy said...

Feel relief saw your blog that you'd discharged from hospital. I know how painful it is. I had experienced it before but not as serious as you. Drink more water or cranberry juice and go toilet more often. Take good care of you body, k?

Anonymous said...

u really scared lah! errr..

you are not the only person suffering when u r sick, but also those around u. must take care of ur health...